TheGunBlog.ca – Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s wish to confiscate many popular rifles and shotguns will probably fail again, Regina Police Chief Evan Bray told John Gormley of CKOM radio last week.
TheGunBlog.ca — The chief of the RCMP interfered in the investigation of the 2020 Nova Scotia massacre to push Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s anti-gun agenda, the Halifax Examiner reported today.
TheGunBlog.ca — The family of Rodger Kotanko and their lawyer livestreamed their first media briefing today, after Toronto police raided the 70-year-old gunsmith and killed him.
– Most-Viewed Reports in First Quarter 2021
– Section 74: Alberta Judge Allows Hearing to Decide Jurisdiction in 4 Cases
– CACP Supports Criminalizing Owners of Items That Look Like Guns
– Liberals May Allow Provinces to Confiscate Handguns as Parties Oppose Bill C-21
– Section 74: Alberta Justice Fradsham Says Crawford Hearing Can Proceed
– Some Mayors Against Bill C-21 Are NOT Our Friends
– Toronto Police Data Show Illegal Shootings Doubling Under Tory, Liberals
– Newmarket, Ontario, Mayor Wants National Handgun Confiscation
– RCMP Warns of Possible Ransomware Attack
– Reader Comment: I Will Not Do Business With Any Business That Helps the Government Destroy Our Guns
TheGunBlog.ca — Regina Police Chief Evan Bray said banning federally licensed handgun owners would be an “absolute monster piece of work” to manage.
– Blair May File New Anti-Gun Law on Feb. 16, House Agenda Shows
– Edward Burlew Files First Section 74 Appeal for Group Fighting ‘Nullifications’
– Federal Court Dismisses Injunction Motions to Stop Liberal+RCMP Attacks
– Christine Generoux Comments on Federal Court Dismissal of Injunction
– CZ Agrees to Buy Colt and Colt Canada
– Self-Defence: Police Won’t Charge Officer Who Exited His Car and Shot Knife-Wielding Man to Death
– RCMP Outlines Canadian Firearms Program 2.0 to Improve Online Services
TheGunBlog.ca — Pete Merrifield, vice president of the National Police Federation, the RCMP labour union, discusses urging Canada’s government to help police stop violent gangs instead of seizing guns from federally licensed owners and stores. Read: RCMP Labour Union Opposes Liberal-RCMP Mass Gun Confiscations Merrifield made the comments today in a telephone interview with TheGunBlog.ca. The…
TheGunBlog.ca — Officers with the RCMP, Canada’s largest police agency, almost never have to draw their guns on duty, according to data last month on the “use of force.” The 20,000 police officers of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police drew and displayed, pointed or discharged their firearms in less than 0.1% of the 8.79 million…
Transcript of media briefing today on gun rights and gun policy with Alberta Premier Jason Kenney, Minister of Justice Doug Schweitzer and MLA Michaela Glasgo.
Updated daily throughout the week.
Highlights This Week
– Gun-Ban Order Took Effect Before It Was Even Public, Government Says
– RCMP Responds to TheGunBlog.ca on Deleting ‘Grandfathering’
– CSSA: Ban Covers 12-Gauge Shotguns ‘Capable Of’ 10kJ Muzzle Energy
– CACP Police Lobby Says It Will Review Liberal Confiscation Order
– Canada Post Requires Free Business Account to Ship Guns Since May 1
– News Bullets From Other Media
TheGunBlog.ca — Police on Twitter across Canada began to protest the governing Liberal Party’s crackdown against hunters, sport shooters and firearm collectors, opposing the instant prohibitions targeting federally licensed firearm owners. About 25 of the country’s almost 70,000 municipal, provincial and federal peace officers have responded to the Twitter campaign started yesterday evening, plus about…
TheGunBlog.ca — The Ottawa Police Service opposes the mass gun confiscations planned by Canada’s governing Liberal Party against federally licensed firearm owners, joining a growing national police movement against the crackdown. Why Police Oppose Gun Bans Waste of police money and energy Useless for public safety Risky for public and police Better to Invest in…
TheGunBlog.ca — Calgary Police Chief Mark Neufeld doesn’t support Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s goal of criminalizing honest handgun owners, according to an interview published this week in the Calgary Herald. Neufeld is at least the 10th active or retired police leader across Canada to publicly question Trudeau’s plans to help municipalities expel lawful residents…
Weekly roundup of news, analysis and insight on Canadian gun culture, politics and policy.
TheGunBlog.ca — A Twitter user describing themselves as a police officer in Ontario outlined how home searches work, as they seek to stop Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s plans for mass gun confiscations against honest families. The person, a “Former Soldier, Present Police Officer,” said in a tweet they work for a “major metropolitan Police…
TheGunBlog.ca — The following letter published today by Dennis Young outlines how police in Canada assess applications to carry loaded handguns for personal protection. The Ottawa-based Information Commissioner sent the Nov. 5 letter to Young in response to his complaint about how the RCMP handled his requests for information related to Authorizations To Carry. (See…
TheGunBlog.ca — If Justin Trudeau and Bill Blair are right about the AR-15 rifle, Canadians should be scrambling to protect themselves against imminent massacres by police. Military-style assault rifles are designed to cause mass human casualties, and they have no place in Canada. So we’re going to ban them. More on our plan to strengthen…
TheGunBlog.ca — The Vancouver Police Department opposes Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Mayor Kennedy Stewart’s goal of banning federally licensed handgun owners and stores from Canada’s third-largest city. The VPD is part of a growing country-wide movement of police leaders and organizations against politicians working to criminalize lawful, legitimate and licensed hunters, farmers and…
TheGunBlog.ca — Regina Police Chief Evan Bray is at least the eighth police leader in Canada opposing Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Toronto Mayor John Tory’s efforts to ban hunters, farmers and sport shooters from having guns. The growing movement from the RCMP to the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police to Toronto’s own chief…