- Is my website. (Wearing orange in the photo below, next to my father.) I am based in Toronto, Canada.
- Explores gun culture, politics, policy and industry, mainly via:
- TheGunBlog.ca website
- TheGunBlog.ca e-newsletter
- The Bill C-71 Book (Amazon Bestseller)
- Presentations to gun clubs
- Is independent and unaffiliated.
Great day at the range with the guy who introduced me to shooting four decades ago.
We fired semi-auto rifles and pistols with standard-capacity box magazines of 10 rounds and up. (Some of the mags were sabotaged for Canada.)
— TheGunBlog (@TheGunBlog) March 22, 2019
- TheGunBlog.ca leads one of the biggest and most-engaged communities of Canadian Gunnies on Twitter.
- TheGunBlog.ca is present but not active on YouTube, Instagram @TheGunBlog.ca and Facebook.
Team Canada shooters value our coverage.
Allan Harding, three-time Canadian national pistol champion
Lynda Kiejko, 2016 Olympic pistol shooter
“I read every word you publish.”
—Sales manager for a major independent Canadian firearm retailer
“… influential …”
—Tim Harper, Toronto Star
“… prominent … ”
“Congratulations on an excellent website!”
—Director of parliamentary affairs for a Canadian senator
Original Introduction (January 2015)
TheGunBlog.ca aims to be a hub for information, facts, data, news, analysis and opinion for anyone and everyone wanting to learn about guns in Canada. It seeks to be thoughtful, fair, balanced and fun.
Whether you love guns or hate them or are in between, whether you are a novice or expert with firearms, whether you want to learn about guns for collecting, hunting, competing, relaxing, training, writing, photographing, defence, war, work, fun, as a hobby or lifestyle, or anything else, TheGunBlog.ca aims to serve you.
If you like this blog, please share it with people who might enjoy it.
Thank you for visiting.
04 January 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
TheGunBlog.ca in the Media
- CBC Radio Saskatchewan: Blue Sky
- Radio Canada International: The Gun Debate in Canada: Where Lies Truth? Part 1
- The Canadian Press via
- CityNews Toronto: Gun Policy a Stand-In for Other Issues in Crowded Conservative Leadership Race
- CTV News: Gun-Rights Advocates React to Toronto’s Call for a Handgun Ban
- Global News: Gun Policy a Stand-In for Other Issues in Crowded Conservative Leadership Race
- The Globe and Mail: Call for Toronto handgun ban reignites passionate gun control debate
- National Post: Call for Toronto handgun ban reignites passionate gun control debate
- Red Deer Advocate: Call for Toronto handgun ban reignites passionate gun control debate
- Toronto Star: Call for Toronto handgun ban after Danforth shooting reignites passionate gun control debate
- Winnipeg Free Press: Call for Toronto handgun ban reignites passionate gun control debate
- CityNews Toronto
- The Daily Caller
- The Economist
- The Globe and Mail
- The Rebel Media
- The True North Initiative
- Saskatoon StarPhoenix
- Toronto Star
- Canadian Shooting Sports Association: Regularly featured in E-News
- National Firearms Association: Regularly at the top of the Daily Media Report
- Calibre Magazine
- U.S. National Rifle Association (NRA) News, NRA-ILA
- Bearing Arms
- The Firearm Blog
- Chat Groups: Canadian Gun Nutz, Gun Owners of Canada, Reddit.com/r/CanadaGuns, Glock Talk, Army.ca, Navy.ca, Nova Scotia Hunting, Outdoors Men Forum, …
Lady Gaga Fan Sites (Seriously!)
Ethics, Interests and Payments
This Update: 13 June 2019
Alignment of Interests, Independence, Standards
- I do my utmost to provide good (accurate and beneficial) ideas and information.
- Nothing I publish constitutes legal advice, tactical advice or any other advice.
- I am a past, present or future customer or member of many of the businesses, associations and political parties that I write about, e.g. gun stores, manufacturers, clubs, trainers, ranges, CSSA, CCFR, NFA, NRA, SFC, Conservative Party of Canada, Ontario Progressive Conservative Party, …
- I decide what gets published. Nobody pays me to publish anything.
- I am committed to independence, accuracy, credibility, fairness, transparency, accountability, and other values of journalism ethics.
- I seek payments through subscriptions, memberships, donations and sales.
- I receive payments from individuals, businesses, associations, etc. that I write about. In most cases, I don’t know or verify the identity or the affiliations of supporters.
- I earn a commission from the Store.
- Update 22 Oct 2018: I have a complimentary membership from a target range.
- Update 09 June 2019: I have a complimentary subscription to a newspaper.
Role as Media
- I benefit from advantages generally accorded to media, such as invitations and permissions to attend private events. These include trade shows, factory tours and range events that offer the use of guns and ammo without charge, or for a small fee, and may include meals.
- I don’t have any direct financial stake or financial interest in any company, association or topic that I cover.
- I have accepted standard trade-show swag, such as pens, pins, keychains, coffee mugs, coasters, a book and a paper target.
Privacy & Security
- I value personal privacy and information security.
- If you e-mail me, I consider it private and confidential. I expect the same consideration from you.
- I will never sell, rent, reveal or abuse your personal information. I can’t think of any time I have ever asked for it.
- I use subscriber information such as e-mail addresses to share information relevant and related to TheGunBlog.ca, such as managing subscriptions and memberships.
- Risks always exist from the use of many software applications and services, e.g. Amazon, Gmail, GiveWP, MailChimp, PayPal, Stripe, WordPress, several WordPress plugins.