TheGunBlog.ca — The Canadian government said today in response to our questions that Bill C-21’s passage into law removed cabinet’s authority to “downgrade” the classification of any firearm.
– Government Says It’s Working to Revive CFAC to Confiscate More Guns
– Poilievre Says ‘I Will Reverse Trudeau’s Bans,’ Without Specifics
– Liberals Update Their Aims for “Firearms Marking Regulations” After 11th Deferral
– Conservatives Say for First Time They Will Repeal Bill C-21
– My Eight-Stage Journey of Gun-Rights Advocacy
– Bill C-21 Is Now Law
– Bill C-21 Is ‘Devastating’ for Jobs, CSAAA Says
TheGunBlog.ca — The Conservative Party of Canada said for the first time since electing Pierre Poilievre as leader that it will repeal Bill C-21 if elected to government.
TheGunBlog.ca — The Liberals want to pass Bill C-21 into law “before Christmas,” a Senate staffer told TheGunBlog.ca.
Senator Tony Dean, the chair of the Senate committee studying the bill, declined to comment on a specific deadline.
TheGunBlog.ca — Tony Bernardo, the executive director of the Canadian Shooting Sports Association, urged senators studying Bill C-21 to change the governing Liberal Party’s “fraudulent” legislative attack against licensed gun users.
TheGunBlog.ca — CCFR CEO Rod Giltaca urged senators studying Bill C-21 to consider how its forced confiscation of all legally owned handguns will destroy a culture and fuel “generational anger.”
TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s governing Liberals proposed Bill C-21 to construct a “false narrative” as a “cynical ploy” to win re-election, Christian Leuprecht, a professor of political science, told the Senate committee reviewing the draft law.
TheGunBlog.ca — Alberta Chief Firearms Officer Teri Bryant urged Canada’s Senate to abandon or amend the federal Liberal Party’s “misguided” and “deeply flawed” Bill C-21, its newest legislative attack against government-licensed gun users.
TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s governing Liberal Party reiterated today that it will order new rifle and shotgun confiscations by executive decree, expanding its attacks against government-licensed gun owners and businesses.
– Government Refuses to Say If It Will Extend Gun-Confiscation Deadline
– Anti-Gun Doctors Host Anti-Gun Forum With Anti-Gun Leaders
– Senate SECD to Begin Bill C-21 Review
– Saskatchewan Opposes Bill C-21
– Bill C-21 Expanded Version Heads to Third Reading and Senate After Shortened SECU Review
– Liberal MP Damoff Signals SKS May Yet Be Confiscated After Green Party Leader Elizabeth May Calls for Confiscation
TheGunBlog.ca — Conservative MP Raquel Dancho, the group’s lead on gun policy, said she’s undeterred by the hate and threats she’s received as the Liberals work to suppress government-licensed firearm users.
TheGunBlog.ca — The Liberals will use a new OIC as early as this summer to confiscate more guns, Minister Marco Mendicino said May 01 in comments that many people missed.
TheGunBlog.ca — The Liberals outlined new amendments to Bill C-21 today to prohibit future rifle and shotgun designs, expanding their attacks against government-licensed gun users and businesses.
– CSAAA Faces Backlash Over $700,000 Contract With Liberals
– Mendicino Again Signals Liberals Have No Idea How to Execute Their Gun-Confiscation Fantasy
– Bill C-21: Liberals, NDP Plan New Amendments
TheGunBlog.ca — Watch our review and outlook for Canadian gun rights at the end of the first quarter 2023.
It isn’t all bleak. There’s some good news.
TheGunBlog.ca — The Canadian government responds below to our questions on using a so-called “Order in Council” (OIC) to prohibit and confiscate guns from government-licensed owners and businesses.
TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s governing Liberal Party will work with the NDP and Bloc Québécois on new ways to expand its rifle and shotgun confiscations after withdrawing two amendments from Bill C-21 today.
– SECU Resumes Review of Bill C-21 on February 03
– Spring 2023 Election Unlikely (Speculation)
– Jordan Vanderhoff ‘I Have Decided to Step Away From the NFA’