TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s Federal Court will rule this month on the governing Liberal Party’s crackdown begun in May 2020 against government-licensed gun owners, said Christine Generoux, one of the people in court challenging the attacks.
Ruling By October 31
Justice Catherine Kane shared her decision deadline today during a Zoom video call with representatives of all the applicants, Generoux said.
“The judge promised us a final ruling on the merits before Halloween,” Generoux told TheGunBlog.ca today by telephone.
Halloween is October 31.
Rod Giltaca, the chief executive officer of the Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights (CCFR), which is also in Federal Court to stop the Liberals, said on his personal X (Twitter) account today that Kane told he applicants she will share her decision “by the end of October.”
Why It Matters
- Kane’s opinion on the legality or illegality of the Liberal crackdown will affect hundreds of thousands of gun owners and businesses.
- Generoux and her fellow challengers have been in court since then to stop what they say is an unlawful and unconstitutional attack on honest citizens. Their hearing was in April.
- Many gun owners are skeptical of victory in what they view as a pro-Liberal and anti-gun legal system. Whichever side Kane rules against may appeal.
Injunction to Extend Confiscation Deadline
Separately, Generoux and the CCFR asked the court for an injunction to force the Liberals to extend their confiscation deadline beyond October 30.
“I am absolutely optimistic about this injunction,” Generoux said. “We’ll have our injunction hearing on October 25. We’ll be having a ruling on that forthwith, probably from the bench.”
A ruling from the bench refers to an opinion immediately after the hearing.
Failing Confiscation Fantasy
- The Liberals have pushed their confiscation fantasy for more than five years.
- They had hoped initially to complete their forced seizures by April 2022. They have yet to announce a start date.
- They still have zero clue how to execute their crackdown against uncooperative targets.
- They’ve been hampered by massive provincial, police and public pushback, as well as major legislative and logistical obstacles.
- The Liberals are on course to fail.
Donate to Generoux
- Generoux is representing herself and her team in court.
- You can donate to support her case.
- The editor of TheGunBlog.ca has donated to Generoux and other applicants.
Thanksgiving Discount — Subscribe Today
- 73% off the annual plan, your first year
$100now only $27.
- A great way to support TheGunBlog.ca and access all of our premium members-only reports.
- A great way to discover why TheGunBlog.ca is one of the most powerful voices for Canadian gun owners.
- TheGunBlog.ca is 100% independent and 100% financed by fans who love us and professionals who need us. People like you.
- No ads. No “sponsored content.” No handouts or bailouts.
- Questions? E-mail me (Nicolas): [email protected]
Smart Gun Owners Get TheGunBlog.ca
Federal Court Summary Table
|Court Number||Date Filed (2020)||Lead Party||Lead Rep/Lawyer|
|T-569-20||May 21||Cassandra Parker||Solomon Friedman|
|T-577-20||May 26||CCFR||Michael Loberg|
|T-581-20||May 27||John Hipwell||Edward Burlew|
|T-677-20||Jun 29||Michael Doherty||Arkadi Bouchelev|
|T-735-20||Jul 10||Christine Generoux||Christine Generoux|
|T-905-20||Aug 11||Jennifer Eichenberg||Eugene Meehan|