Election 2021: Liberals Promise New Crackdowns on Licensed Gun Owners
TheGunBlog.ca — The Liberal Party of Canada promised new crackdowns against government-licensed gun owners if it wins re-election this month, as the group works to weaken citizens, sink the firearm industry and kill modern shooting sports.
Liberals Criminalize and Confiscate
The Liberals, the most-hostile political faction against hunters, farmers and sport shooters, outlined their newest attacks in their election-campaign platform published today.
The party’s plans to criminalize and confiscate specifically target Canada’s 2.2 million men and women with a firearm Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL) authorized by the RCMP.
The Liberals’ planned crackdowns include:
1. Forced Confiscation for Rifle and Shotgun Owners Targeted in May 2020
- Criminalize owners targeted by the Liberals in May 2020 unless you surrender or destroy your suddenly blacklisted rifles and shotguns by 30 April 2022.
- New: The Liberals withdrew their intention to allow confiscation at death and home storage until then. They budgeted the low-ball estimate of $800 million in taxpayer money for the mass confiscations and destructions.
- Key Quote: “A re-elected Liberal government will: Toughen our laws on banned assault weapons by making it mandatory for owners to either sell the firearm back to the government for destruction and fair compensation or have it rendered fully and permanently inoperable at government expense.”
2. Criminalize Handgun Owners Via Provinces
- Encourage provinces and territories to criminalize and eliminate Canada’s more than 300,000 licensed handgun owners, spending at least $1 billion in taxpayer money in 2022-2023.
- New: Offering the bribe, and acting via provinces and territories. The Liberals had planned to attack handgun users via municipalities.
- Key Quote: “A re-elected Liberal government will: Set aside a minimum of $1 billion to support provinces or territories who implement a ban on handguns across their jurisdiction …”
3. Criminalize Ammo-Mag Owners
- Criminalize owners of rifle and shotgun ammunition magazines capable of holding more than 5 rounds, even with a rivet stopper.
- New: You risk jail if you have so-called “pinned” mags, or mags that can hold more than 5 rounds. Unclear if that includes tube mags in shotguns, lever guns.
- Key Quote: “A re-elected Liberal government will:  Crack down on high-capacity magazines and require that long gun magazines capable of holding more than 5 rounds be permanently altered so that they can never hold more than 5 rounds.  Ban the sale or transfer of magazines that could hold more than a legal number of bullets, regardless of how they were intended to be used by the manufacturer.”
Liberals Fail at Policy, Succeed at Harassment
- The Liberal restrictions and prohibitions outlined in today’s platform are impossible to enforce.
- The point isn’t useful or workable policy, it’s to demonize and harass honest citizens as a tactic to win votes.
- A Leger poll published this week showed Liberal supporters are the most hostile to gun owners among the three largest political parties.
We Need a Conservative Win
- The Conservative Party is the only party in the House of Commons that (1) isn’t hostile to gun owners in Election 2021, and (2) has a chance at forming the next government. (The next prime minister will be either Liberal or Conservative.)
- The Conservatives promised to repeal several Liberal restrictions and prohibitions, including the mass-criminalization Order in Council of May 2020.
- Opinion polls show the Conservatives are surging and could win.
What You Can Do
In Election 2021
- Vote for the strongest non-Liberal candidate in your electoral district.
- In about two-thirds of ridings, that means voting Conservative.
- In about one-third of ridings, that means voting NDP, Bloc Québécois, or Green.
- See 338Canada.com for the outlook in your riding.
Beyond Election 2021
- Help your family, friends and colleagues get guns and ammo.
- Organize a family day or open house at your gun club and target range.
- Share the joys and benefits of personal gun ownership.
- Support people and groups that support you.
- Subscribe to TheGunBlog.ca, and/or donate. (We are 100% independent and 100% funded by our subscribers and supporters.)
Liberal Plans Against Gun Owners in Election 2021