TheGunBlog.ca — The Ontario CFO’s office said it hasn’t made any recent changes in policy or guidance on issuing “Restricted” PALs, amid speculation from across Canada that new measures are in place.
TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s gun imports soared to a record $238.4 million in 2022, as government-licensed firearm users snapped up rifles, shotguns and handguns before the governing Liberal Party’s new prohibitions.
Explore our Interactive Charts
TheGunBlog.ca — Watch our exclusive conversation of almost 2 hours with Teri Bryant, Alberta’s first provincially appointed Chief Firearms Officer.
– Canada Gun Licences Rise to Record in 2022, Defying Liberal Attacks
– Liberals Aim to Expand Rifle and Shotgun Confiscations After Withdrawing Amendments From Bill C-21
– NDP Names Peter Julian as New Public Safety Critic, Replacing Alistair MacGregor
TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s governing Liberal Party will work with the NDP and Bloc Québécois on new ways to expand its rifle and shotgun confiscations after withdrawing two amendments from Bill C-21 today.
TheGunBlog.ca — The number of Canadians with a gun licence rose to a record in 2022, defying the governing Liberal Party’s increased attacks on firearm users.
– SECU Resumes Review of Bill C-21 on February 03
– Spring 2023 Election Unlikely (Speculation)
– Jordan Vanderhoff ‘I Have Decided to Step Away From the NFA’
– Trudeau Recognizes Right to Protect With Guns
– CSSA Says How to Respond to Police Searching Your Home to Confiscate Your Guns
– Yukon Opposes Bill C-21, Premier Ranj Pillai Says
TheGunBlog.ca — Bill Klassen, a gun owner in Yukon, told Marco Mendicino that he will ignore Bill C-21 and won’t surrender his firearms, CBC News reported yesterday.
TheGunBlog.ca — The RCMP said today it redesigned the gun-licence cards for Canada’s 2.2 million government-approved firearm users, introducing a new look with stronger security.
– Liberals+RCMP Hoped to Test Their Gun-Confiscation Tactics on P.E.I., Briefing Says
– ‘Ottawa Appears To Be Lost’ on Confiscations, Alberta Justice Minister Says
– Federal Court Allows Alberta to Join Cases Fighting Confiscations
TheGunBlog.ca — Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau “appears to be lost” on how to execute his mass gun confiscations targeting honest citizens, Alberta Minister of Justice Tyler Shandro said this week.
TheGunBlog.ca — The Liberals and RCMP hoped to use government-licensed gun owners on P.E.I. as guinea pigs to test their confiscation tactics before going national, according to a government briefing made public two weeks ago.
– Liberals Still Have No Plan to Execute Their Mass Gun Confiscations, Mendicino Says
– Self-Defence: No Charges for Man Who Killed Home Invader
– Canada Gun Imports in November 2022 Extend Annual Record
– Tony Bernardo (CSSA): A Year of Anti-Gun Policies
– Canada’s Ruling Party Faces Pushback on Gun-Confiscation Legislation
– 2021 Commissioner of Firearms Report Coming ‘In Due Course,’ Government Says
– Liberals Still Preparing Compensation Plan for Victims of May 2020 Confiscations
– Justin Trudeau Has a Gun-Free Canada Within His Reach
TheGunBlog.ca — Watch or listen to our conversation with Scott Patience, the owner of Bullseye North, one of Canada’s largest independent gun stores.
– Week-Ahead Agenda
– Alberta Expands Actions to Protect Gun Owners From Trudeau’s ‘Increasingly Hostile’ Attacks
TheGunBlog.ca — Alberta said today it’s expanding measures to protect gun owners from Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s “increasingly hostile” attacks, further undermining the country’s anti-gun regime.
– Canada Gun Imports Rise to Annual Record in 2022, Led By Handguns
– Silvercore Podcast on Bill C-21 With Nicolas Johnson, Travis Bader and Daniel Fritter (Video)
– System Failure: SECU