Editor’s Note: Although the Liberals withdrew this proposed “ban list” amendment to Bill C-21 on 03 February 2023, it shows the expanded confiscations they are preparing.
- Liberals Plan New OIC to Confiscate More Guns, Mendicino Says (May 2023)
- Subscribe to TheGunBlog.ca to stay up to date.
TheGunBlog.ca — Below is the list of rifles and shotguns that Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau aims to prohibit and confiscate under Bill C-21, his newest attack against government-licensed gun owners and businesses.
TheGunBlog.ca got the 307-page document today from the House of Commons Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security (SECU), which is in the final stages of approving the draft law.
A Few Popular Models
- Benelli M1 Super 90
- Browning BAR
- Freedom Ordnance FX-9
- Kel-Tec RDB
- Kel-Tec RFB
- Kel-Tec SU-16
- Kel-Tec Sub-2000
- Kodiak Defence WK180-C
- Kriss Vector
- Mauser 1908 Brazilian Rifle (Bolt Action)
- Norinco Type 97
- Poly Technologies Type 81
- Ruger PC Carbine
- Springfield Armory M1 Garand
- Tavor/IWI X95
- Tavor 7
- U.S. Carbine M1
Bill C-21 Gun-Confiscation List
Download the PDF (307 pages, 800 kB)
The Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights shared a version of the list earlier.
Why It Matters
- Criminalize and Confiscate. Trudeau and his governing Liberal Party proposed Bill C-21 as they work to weaken citizens, destroy the firearm industry, and eliminate personal gun ownership.
- Popular Models. His planned confiscations cover every semi-automatic, centrefire rifle and shotgun that takes a detachable magazine, as well as several tube-fed shotguns and bolt-action rifles.
- Includes May 2020 OIC. The list includes models from Trudeau’s confiscation Order in Council (OIC) of May 2020. Putting the confiscations into law prevents a future administration from undoing the OIC.
- Criminal Liability. If the bill becomes law and you own any of the listed goods, you risk criminal charges, police raids, and jail unless you surrender your gear.
- Unenforceable. The glimmer of good news is that confiscating the models on today’s list would be almost impossible to enforce. The Liberals don’t know who owns what, and can’t easily seize it. Alberta and Saskatchewan are among provinces working to block the confiscations.
‘No Longer Legal to Possess or Use’
Phaedra Glushek, a lawyer for the Department of Justice in Ottawa, said today at the SECU committee reviewing Bill C-21:
“If you’re asking what is the impact of the legislation, the impact of the legislation is, once it comes into force: These items would be prohibited and no longer legal to possess or use.”
Update 04 January 2023
- View on YouTube via Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights (CCFR)
- Timestamp: 01:27:03
- Liberals Aim to Ban SKS and All Other Semi-Auto, Centrefire, Mag-Fed Rifles And Shotguns
- Liberals Plan Bill C-21 Amendment to Confiscate More Long Guns
- Liberal Gun Bans
- We removed a mistaken reference to the Benelli Super Black Eagle.