Almost 100% of Gun Owners Have So Far Rejected Trudeau’s Confiscations, iPolitics Reports
24 December 2021
2 min read
TheGunBlog.ca — Almost 100% of the Canadian gun owners targeted by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s May 2020 mass criminalizations have so far rejected his confiscation order, according to RCMP data reported today by iPolitics.
The data showed that government-licensed firearm owners attacked by Trudeau have so far voluntarily surrendered or destroyed (“deactivated”) a mere 160 of their affected firearms:
- Surrendered to Police for Destruction: 142.
- Destroyed Through So-Called “Deactivation”: 18, out of an estimated 110,000 firearms previously labelled as “Restricted.”
Why It Matters
- Good News. With barely 4 months left before Trudeau’s confiscation deadline of 30 April 2022, the almost total rejection of his surrender order is the clearest sign he will fail.
- Over 99.8% Rejection. Even if each firearm was surrendered by a single owner, that would mean more than 99.8% of owners have opted out of the confiscations. (160 people out of an estimated 100,000 – 200,000 people targeted = Less than 0.2% participation.)
- We’re Keeping 999 Out of 1,000 Blacklisted Guns. The government has said it estimated the number of firearms it wants to seize by the April deadline at 150,000. With only 160 so far, or roughly 1/1,000th of the total, it will fail.
- The RCMP, which is helping Trudeau execute the crackdown, said this week the government is still working out how to seize our property and compensate the confiscation victims.
- There isn’t enough time before the deadline to finish the plans, inform the owners, and seize the goods.
- Any owners who already surrendered or destroyed their gear won’t get paid. Even those who wait in the unlikely case they are paid will suffer major losses on their investment.
iPolitics Quotes the RCMP
iPolitics published the following among its quotations from the Ottawa-based Royal Canadian Mounted Police:
“The Canadian Firearms Program (CFP) can confirm that, as of December 9, 2021, 18 firearms (formerly classified as restricted) affected by the May 1, 2020 Order in Council (OIC) have been deactivated,” added Sgt. Caroline Duval, the spokesperson who forwarded the Mounties’ response.
“In addition, there have been 142 OIC-affected firearms recorded as surrendered to a public agency for destruction since May 1, 2020.”
- RCMP Says Government Still Working on May 2020 Mass Gun Confiscations
- TheGunBlog.ca's page on Liberal Gun Bans
© 2015 - 2022 TheGunBlog.ca