TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s Federal Court said today it’ll be a year before a hearing to stop the government’s May 2020 politically motivated attacks against honest citizens, missing a crucial deadline next April 30.
‘Early Fall’ 2022
Associate Chief Justice Jocelyne Gagné and lawyers for both sides agreed to a five-day hearing next year in “early fall.”
It’s the first time the court said its review of the legality of the May 2020 mass-criminalization Order in Council (OIC) will come after a 30 April 2022 deadline.
In their planning meeting today on Zoom and attended by TheGunBlog.ca, Gagné and the lawyers set April 11 to hear arguments on a temporary injunction, if needed.
They also agreed to several other deadlines in the six Federal Court challenges to stop the Liberal crackdown.
Why It Matters
Hundreds of thousands of government-licenced gun owners risk police raids, criminal charges, arrest and jail starting next May unless they’ve surrendered their rifles and shotguns that the Liberal Party-led government blacklisted on 01 May 2020.
Many owners intend to keep their property.
- The Liberals declared all targeted owners to be in unlawful possession of their firearms, putting them at risk of immediate criminal charges and jail if they use their gear.
- They also threatened charges unless the owners relinquish their equipment to police by April 2022.
- The Liberals acted in the middle of the day without warning, without the knowledge of parliament, and with the support of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
- Six groups of gun owners and businesses filed challenges in Federal Court to restore their rights and freedoms, and to stop the Liberal+RCMP attacks for being unconstitutional, illegal and abusive.
- The editor of TheGunBlog.ca donated to several cases.
Several lawyers for gun owners on today’s call requested a hearing and a court decision before the April deadline, but the steps to be completed before a hearing will take longer.
Liberals Promise to Criminalize
The Liberals renewed their commitment to criminalize licensed gun users if they won re-election to government on September 20.
Federal Court Summary Table
|Court Number||Date Filed (2020)||Lead Party||Lead Rep/Lawyer|
|T-569-20||May 21||Cassandra Parker||Solomon Friedman|
|T-577-20||May 26||CCFR||Michael Loberg|
|T-581-20||May 27||John Hipwell||Edward Burlew|
|T-677-20||Jun 29||Michael Doherty||Arkadi Bouchelev|
|T-735-20||Jul 10||Christine Generoux||Christine Generoux|
|T-905-20||Aug 11||Jennifer Eichenberg||Eugene Meehan|