Liberal ‘Throne Speech’ Reiterates Aim to Criminalize Gun Owners
Liberals re-commit to attacking honest Canadians via mass criminalizations and confiscations.
23 November 2021
< 1 min read
TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s governing Liberal Party reiterated its aim of criminalizing hunters, farmers and sport shooters in today’s Speech From the Throne, as it pursues its attacks against government-licensed gun owners and businesses.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau repeated the message in his own statement after the speech.
- The speech, which outlined the government’s priorities, repeated the Liberal intention to confiscate newly blacklisted rifles and shotguns from hundreds of thousands of gun owners, and to pay the confiscation victims. They were turned into outlaws by government order in May 2020.
- The speech repeated the Liberal intention to help provinces and territories criminalize Canada’s 300,000+ government-licensed handgun owners.
- The speech didn’t mention any of the other crackdowns promised by the Liberals in September’s election campaign.
Governor General Mary Simon said in the Throne Speech she read today in the Senate in Ottawa:
- “The Government will now put forward measures like a mandatory buyback of banned assault-style weapons, and move forward with any province or territory that wants to ban handguns.”
- Source: 2021 Speech From the Throne
- The Liberals call their mass criminalization + confiscation + compensation scheme “buyback.”
- They refer to the legally owned hunting and sporting rifles and shotguns they outlawed as “assault-style weapons.”
- They refer to their suppression of honest men and women with government-issued gun licences as “public safety.”
About the Throne Speech
© 2015 - 2021 TheGunBlog.ca