Trudeau Names Marco Mendicino as New Minister Against Gun Owners
26 October 2021
< 1 min read
TheGunBlog.ca — Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau today named Marco Mendicino as his new Minister of Public Safety, replacing Bill Blair in a key role to suppress gun owners and businesses.
Why It Matters
- Trudeau promised new crackdowns against the millions of Canadian gun owners and businesses in last month’s election.
- Under Trudeau, the Minister of Public Safety is his lead federal minister for criminalizing firearm users, confiscating our equipment, and slandering our community. The Deputy Prime Minister, the Minister of Justice, and the RCMP Canadian Firearms Program are also significant.
- Trudeau has yet to publish his so-called “mandate letters” outlining his priorities for his ministers.
- Mendicino, a Liberal Party member of parliament in Toronto, has expressed bias and opinions against personal gun ownership, while having low-to-no familiarity with firearms, firearm owners or the shooting community.
- He was previously Minister of Immigration.
- Bill Blair, the previous minister in charge of cracking down on gun users, remains Minister of Emergency Preparedness. (He was Minister of Public Safety until today.)
Sample of Mendicino Comments Against Gun Owners
- House of Commons: Marco Mendicino
- Sep 2021: Election 2021: Liberals Promise New Crackdowns on Licensed Gun Owners
- Jul 2020 (TV Ontario): Mendicino and Conservative MP Glen Motz Discuss Guns
- Canada Gun Facts and Stats
- Liberal Gun Bans page at TheGunBlog.ca
© 2015 - 2021 TheGunBlog.ca