TheGunBlog.ca aims to be a hub for information, facts, data, news, analysis and opinion for anyone and everyone wanting to learn about guns in Canada. It seeks to be thoughtful, fair, balanced and fun. [Update: Sometimes with large doses of snark.]
Whether you love guns or hate them or are in between, whether you are a novice or expert with firearms, whether you want to learn about guns for collecting, hunting, competing, relaxing, training, writing, photographing, defence, war, work, fun, as a hobby or lifestyle, or anything else, TheGunBlog.ca aims to serve you.
If you like this blog, please share it with people who might enjoy it.
Thank you for visiting.
04 January 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Have been into guns since I was a boy.
- Enjoy handguns, rifles and shotguns.
- Support freedom and rights of people to own and use firearms for protection, hunting, recreation, competition and collecting.
- Particular interest in politics, policy and personal protection.
- The most important part of gun rights is “rights.”
- Am closer to believing that firearm ownership and training should be mandatory than to believing it should be prohibited. (But I dislike “mandatory” anything.)
- Current or past member of CSSA, NFA, CCFR, ORA in Canada, and NRA in U.S. (See below.)
- Certified range-safety officer
- NRA certified instructor
- Previously: Senior editor for a major global provider of real-time news on finance, investing and business.
This Update: 14 Dec. 2017
Intentions, Benefits & Conflicts
- I consider this website and its content as independent. I decide what I write.
- I am exploring ways to make money from this website, such as through memberships, sponsorships, partnerships or advertising.
- I am a past, present or future customer or member of some of the companies and organizations I write about, e.g. gun stores, gun clubs, shooting ranges, CSSA, CCFR, NFA, NRA.
- I benefit from advantages generally accorded to the media, such as invitations or permission to attend private events. These include trade shows and range days that offer all participants the use of guns and ammo without charge, or for a small fee, and sometimes include lunch.
- I don’t have any direct financial stake or financial interest in any company, organization or topic that I write about. No freebies, no discounts, no kickbacks, no profit sharing, no commissions, no donations.
- I don’t earn anything from ads, and don’t have any control over them. The ads that appear are placed by WordPress.com.
- I pay all direct and indirect costs associated with this website.
Privacy & Security
- I value personal privacy and data security. (In general, and especially considering what we’re dealing with here.)
- I will never share subscriber information with a third party.
- I do use subscriber information to share content relevant and related to TheGunBlog.ca, such as e-mail alerts about new posts or campaigns.
- I may enter subscriber data into apps (e.g. Excel, Mailchimp) to manage subscriptions.
Subscribing & Unsubscribing
- Enter your e-mail.
- WordPress (which hosts this website) will send you an automatic e-mail to confirm your subscription. (Check your Spam folder.)
- You can decide if you want alerts about new posts immediately, daily or weekly.
- You can unsubcribe at any time.
“I want to thank you for your work to support the interests of law abiding gun owners.” — Devin
“I am a hunter, farmer and target shooter. Enjoy your posts.” — Alton
“I’ve been following your blog for a few months and wanted to compliment you on your clear concise and informative articles. It is a welcome change from the uninformed crowd hysteria in most social media. Keep up the great work.” — Terry
“Many thanks to you for running your blog.” — Brian