TheGunBlog.ca — Watch our video with James Cassells, Glock’s Canadian sales manager, discussing the handgun market and the company’s future in Canada, as Prime Minister Justin Trudeau works to kill the legal handgun market.
Glock is the world’s biggest maker of handguns, and the No. 1 handgun brand in Canada.
- Recording Date: 31 August 2022
- Duration: 57 minutes
- Glock’s operations since Trudeau’s announcement
- Glock’s future in Canada
- Re-establishing handgun market if change in government
- Future of lawful gun ownership in Canada
- Improving the gun community’s message
- Bidding to supply RCMP’s next pistol. G45?
- Not bidding to supply Canada’s next military pistol
- TheGunBlog.ca as the “go-to” source of info
- And more!
Selected Cassells Quotes
- On operations since Trudeau’s May 30 announcement:
- “It turned very hectic, very quickly. Immediately we looked at our distributors’ inventory and shipments that were coming. And so we had to ramp up that. And that was our biggest challenge: how do we ramp up our production, how do we get it into the country quickly? The dealers were clamoring because their inventory just flew off the shelves.”
- On Glock’s future in Canada:
- “We’re not going anywhere… So we will transition to whatever we can do for our loyal commercial customers …”
- On the shooting community’s public outreach:
- “The community, the message that they’ve been delivering for the last few years, has not resonated… It’s never too late to change our message. But I think we have to be very careful of what the message is, and so that’s going to require some inward reflection.”
- On how long it would take to re-establish the handgun market after a change in government:
- “I don’t think very long at all… Assuming that our distributors are still interested in re-engaging in the market, then yeah, I think we can get ramped up pretty quick.”
- On TheGunBlog.ca:
- “It’s the go-to place for me to find out what’s going on without going through pages of documents on the web.”