TheGunBlog.ca — Jordan Peterson, the Canadian professor of psychology and supporter of gun rights, shared a video this week of his daughter Mikhaila at a shooting range. It comes as his latest encouraging message for the gun community as the government prepares a new crackdown.
“Mikhaila, my daughter, beneficiary and exponent of the carnivore diet (see http://j.mp/2IorBpB ), experiencing the recoil of a 50 caliber rifle: http://j.mp/2sunrWY,” Peterson said Jan. 15 on Twitter.
— Dr Jordan B Peterson (@jordanbpeterson) January 15, 2019
The message links to the Instagram video below of his daughter firing what appears to be a Steyr HS .50 bolt-action rifle at Budapest Shooting, an indoor target range about five blocks from the opera house in the capital city of Hungary. The .50 BMG ammunition cartridge is the size of a thick marker and the most-powerful round commonly available.
“Awesome,” Mikhaila Peterson said on Instagram.
(It’s impossible to watch the video without sharing her smile, and maybe a bit of her jolt.)
The Jan. 9 video post had more than 4,300 “likes” and almost 27,000 views as of 9:15 a.m. Toronto time today.
Hunting, Target Shooting
Hunting is at the heart of Canadian heritage, and target shooting is one of the country’s safest and most-popular sports. More men and women have a police-approved gun licence than play hockey, football, soccer or who ski. Millions of unlicensed family and friends also shoot safely and responsibly under their supervision.
Jordan Peterson has said he grew up in a hunting culture and that “the right to bear arms is one of the markers of a free society.”
Bans for Votes
The Canadian government is preparing a new law to further restrict federally licensed hunters, farmers and sport shooters by making it harder for them to buy, sell, own and transport firearms. It’s also examining a “full ban” on pistols, revolvers and many rifles and shotguns to win re-election this year.
Show Your Support
- Follow, share, retweet or “like” Jordan Peterson’s tweet and Mikhaila’s video.
- Forward this article to your family, friends, colleagues, gun club, target range or anyone else who might appreciate it.
- Subscribe and support TheGunBlog.ca so we can continue to support you.
- Be Dangerous: Jordan Peterson, Robert Heinlein, ‘Act of Valor’
- Buy Peterson’s 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos from Amazon. (If you buy via the link to the book title, it helps TheGunBlog.ca without costing you more. See our Store for details.)
© 2019 TheGunBlog.ca