TheGunBlog.ca — Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau filed new regulations and a draft law today to kill the legal handgun market by this fall, as he works to weaken citizens, destroy shooting sports, and eliminate personal gun ownership.
TheGunBlog.ca — Watch our interview with Allan Harding, Canadian national pistol champion. We cover topics including: shooting a pistol at 50 metres, traveling with guns and ammo, mental training for competition and for life, and aiming for the next Olympics.
– Liberal Payoff to Gun Owners Targeted By Mass Confiscations May Cost Over $750 Million: Parliamentary Budget Officer
– Alberta Premier Jason Kenney Interviews Olympic Pistol Shooter Lynda Kiejko
– Gun Imports Total $17.9 Million in May
– Canadian Military Comments on November 2020 Pistol Incident
– Government Answers New Question for Military Pistol Bids (Questions 20-24)
TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s military appears to have chosen the SIG Sauer P320 handgun to replace its aging Browning Hi Power models, according to technical documents published today.
TheGunBlog.ca — Alberta Premier Jason Kenney said the province is in the “final stages” of hiring its own Chief Firearms Officer, as he works to block the federal government’s political attacks against hunters, farmers, ranchers and sport shooters.
TheGunBlog.ca — The RCMP provided the following data at 31 December 2020:
– Number of individuals with a firearm Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL)
– Number of individuals with at least one gun registered with the RCMP
– Number of firearms registered with the RCMP
– Table of firearm registrations by type of firearm
– Section 74: Alberta Justice Fradsham Says Crawford Hearing Can Proceed
– Some Mayors Against Bill C-21 Are NOT Our Friends
– Toronto Police Data Show Illegal Shootings Doubling Under Tory, Liberals
– Newmarket, Ontario, Mayor Wants National Handgun Confiscation
– RCMP Warns of Possible Ransomware Attack
– Reader Comment: I Will Not Do Business With Any Business That Helps the Government Destroy Our Guns
TheGunBlog.ca — The Canadian government’s Bill C-21 against licensed firearm owners will invent new rules for the thickness and locks of our handgun safes and let cities and towns require mandatory gun insurance, Minister Bill Blair said today.
TheGunBlog.ca — Regina Police Chief Evan Bray said banning federally licensed handgun owners would be an “absolute monster piece of work” to manage.
TheGunBlog.ca — Following are comments by James Cassells, Glock GmbH’s Canadian sales manager, about topics ranging from the Austrian company’s record-high business in Canada in 2020 and plans for 2021 to why police are switching to 9 mm and Cassells’ background with Glock.
TheGunBlog.ca — Glock GmbH, the maker of the world’s most-popular handgun, said its sales in Canada rose to a record last year, driven by demand for its G17 Gen 5 pistol and the smaller G19 Gen 4 “Canadian.”
TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s governing Liberal Party reiterated its goal to eliminate handgun ownership via municipalities, as it works to weaken citizens, cripple the firearm industry and kill modern shooting sports. The Liberals repeated the prohibition plan in today’s outline of policy priorities known as the Speech From the Throne. ‘Further Restrict or Ban Handguns’ “The…
Black Creek Labs CEO Rob MacIntyre discusses topics including:
– working as a security contractor in Iraq
– early involvement with Northeastern Arms
– how he’s responding to the Liberal confiscations
– BCL’s new PX19 pistol
– Possible collaboration on a new semi-auto rifle
(Update Aug. 15: Adds comment by BCL owner Rob MacIntyre.) TheGunBlog.ca — Black Creek Labs plans to sell its new PX19 pistol this year as the first made-in-Canada handgun in more than a decade. It will follow up with the larger PX17. ❤️ 🇨🇦 ❤️ “The PX19 will be available in late 2020 in black,…
TheGunBlog.ca — Glock, the maker of the world’s most-popular handgun, expects a Canadian version of its model 45 pistol to arrive in Canada late this year after delays from Covid-19, and aims to sell more country-specific editions.
TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s governing Liberal Party is preparing laws to help municipalities eliminate home handgun ownership, Minister Bill Blair told the Toronto Star in an interview published today. “While stopping short of a national handgun ban, Public Safety Minister Bill Blair told the Star that new rules will allow . . . This content is…
TheGunBlog.ca — Glock GmbH, the world’s biggest handgun maker, said Canada’s airplane police picked the Glock 19 as their duty pistol a few years ago, after some of the world’s most-rigorous testing. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police’s In-Flight Security Officer program selected the model 19 Gen 4 after 30,000 shots fired through each of five…
TheGunBlog.ca — Glock, the world’s biggest maker of handguns, aims to have the Canadian version of its new model 44 pistol chambered in .22LR in stores in March. It expects a Canadian edition of the 9 mm model 45 next summer.
TheGunBlog.ca — The Vancouver Police Department opposes Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Mayor Kennedy Stewart’s goal of banning federally licensed handgun owners and stores from Canada’s third-largest city. The VPD is part of a growing country-wide movement of police leaders and organizations against politicians working to criminalize lawful, legitimate and licensed hunters, farmers and…
TheGunBlog.ca — The Canadian government is examining whether to ban handguns from federally licensed sport shooters and won’t make a decision at this week’s cabinet retreat, the Globe and Mail reported last night, citing two ministers.