TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s government-licensed firearm users bought almost 90,000 handguns in the seven weeks after Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he’s killing the legal market, a shopping spree that wiped out supply and set records. We estimate the total now exceeds 100,000.
TheGunBlog.ca — Canadian handgun imports jumped to a record in June, as gun users raced to stock up before Trudeau kills the legal market for pistols and revolvers. The Trudeau administration said today it will criminalize government-licensed importers starting in two weeks
– Price List: Liberals Offer $1,337 to AR-15 Owners in Mass Gun Confiscations
– Saskatchewan CFO Opposes Bill C-21 Prohibitions on Handgun Transfers
– Liberals Extend Deadline By 2 Weeks on Gun-Confiscation RFI
TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s governing Liberal Party offered $1,337 to AR-15 owners who surrender their rifles to the mass gun confiscations begun in May 2020.
– Week-Ahead Agenda
– Blair, Lucki to Speak to SECU on Claims They Used Nova Scotia Massacre to Push Their Anti-Gun Politics
– Wes Winkel: Handgun Sales, Inventory and Market Outlook (Video)
– Alberta Says Handgun-Transfer Approvals Are Taking 4-6 Months
TheGunBlog.ca — Watch our video chat today with Wes Winkel, the president of the Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition and Association (CSAAA) and the owner of Ellwood Epps Sporting Goods.
We discuss record-high handgun sales, restocking and inventory, and the market outlook.
– Liberals Reveal Rifle/Shotgun Confiscation Plans in New Request for Information
– CSAAA Outlines Its Results, Plans and New Board
– Poilievre Has Commanding Lead Over Conservative Leadership Rivals: Poll
TheGunBlog.ca — The Canadian government revealed more details of its plans to confiscate rifles and shotguns from hundreds of thousands of government-licensed gun owners.
– Week-Ahead Agenda
– Canada Gun Imports Rise 9.9% in January-May 2022 Vs. January-May 2021
– RCMP Canadian Firearms Program Hired Privacy Specialist to Assess New Programs
– Canadians Bought 60,000+ Handguns in 10 Days After May 30, Ontario CFO Says
– Gary Mauser: StatsCan Treats PAL Holders as Criminals
– Bill C-21 Goes to SECU for Review After Passing Second Reading
– RCMP Chief Lucki Responds to Halifax Examiner Report
– Next Four Days Are Critical for Canadian Handgunners
TheGunBlog.ca — The chief of the RCMP interfered in the investigation of the 2020 Nova Scotia massacre to push Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s anti-gun agenda, the Halifax Examiner reported today.
– SECU May Vote to Fast-Track Trudeau’s Anti-Handgun OIC
– CSSA Hosts Ninth Annual Parliamentary Day at the Range
– RCMP Says Delays to Contact Firearms Call Centre Are Worsening
TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s anti-gun Firearms Act empowers the Senate to fast-track planned regulations targeting gun users, and cabinet can then activate the new regulations by Order in Council (OIC). Here’s how it works.
TheGunBlog.ca — The RCMP responds below to our questions on transferring so-called “Non-Restricted” rifles and shotguns since May 18, when new criminalizations from Bill C-71 (2019) targeting government-licensed gun owners took effect.
TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s Department of Public Safety responds below to our questions on when the government will activate its planned Order in Council (OIC) to suppress government-licensed handgunners.
TheGunBlog.ca — Round up of Canadian PM Trudeau’s 7 main criminalizations and confiscations outlined on Monday May 30.
– Trudeau Files New Regulations and Law to Kill Legal Handgun Market By Fall
– Copy of the Regulations
– Mendicino Says ‘All Options on the Table‘ for National Handgun Ban
TheGunBlog.ca — Canadian PM Justin Trudeau will update Bill C-21 with an amendment to expand the rifle and shotgun confiscations he began in May 2020, Marco Mendicino said May 30 in comments that many people missed.
TheGunBlog.ca — The Liberals could use their planned Order in Council (OIC) to kill the legal handgun market any day, and certaintly before the fall.
Here is a snapshot of the process behind the timing.