Newest update of this page: 30 September 2020
Privacy & Security
- TheGunBlog.ca works aggressively to protect your privacy, anonymity, and data security.
- We invest in the best hardware, software, systems, tools and processes at our disposal.
- We maximize privacy settings and minimize the number of web trackers, what the surveillance industry calls “cookies.”
- The owner of TheGunBlog.ca is an advocate for personal privacy and anonymity.
- We recommend using tools and technology that promote privacy.
- TheGunBlog.ca asks subscribers and members for your e-mail address.
- TheGunBlog.ca won’t ask for your name, address or location. (The donation system asks for a first name. You can enter anything.)
- We use your e-mail addresses to share information relevant and related to TheGunBlog.ca, such as managing subscriptions and memberships and e-mailing you updates and newsletters.
- TheGunBlog.ca doesn’t store your name or credit-card info on our servers. That is handled by our payment processor, Stripe.
- We will never sell, rent, reveal or abuse your personal information.
- Risks exist from our reliance on many software applications and services.
- Risks exist from the possibility of deliberate hacks or malicious attacks.
- Even if TheGunBlog.ca is hacked, we believe the risk to you would be limited since the only subscriber data we store is e-mail addresses.
- TheGunBlog.ca uses many companies and services that may access your personal information (e-mail) or track web visits. The main ones:
- Amazon (if you log in via TheGunBlog.ca Store)
- ChartMogul (payment tracking)
- Cloudflare (content distribution)
- GiveWP (payments)
- Google, including Google Analytics (tracking), Google Fonts (fonts), Gmail (e-mail)
- Mailchimp (e-mail)
- PayPal (payments: accesses e-mail and credit card)
- Restrict Content Pro (publishing, memberships)
- Stripe (payments: access to e-mail, credit card and IP address)
- WordPress (publishing), and WordPress add-ons/plugins
Contacting Us By E-Mail
- If you e-mail us, we consider it private and confidential.
- We expect the same consideration from you.